It focuses on following research areas:
- efficient and environmental friendly production of fuels,
- preparation of feedstocks for production of polymers,
- sustainable use of renewable raw materials,
- reduction of harmful emissions,
- advanced inorganic materials.
The core of the UniCRE is the experimental base equipped with pilot scale experimental units that are used for testing of catalysts and raw materials for refinery and petrochemical processes.
UniCRE joined the COMSYN project because it wants to develop the technologies utilising agricultural and wooden waste residues in production of heat, power and environmental friendly fuels. The concept of biomass treatment suggested in the COMSYN will contribute to comply with European legislation of greenhouse gases emissions limits and it decreases the dependence on crude oil delivered from the countries outside EU.